Etudes Basics for Faculty -
By Dr. Gayle L. Fornataro, Virtual Valley Student Success Coordinator
Table of Contents
- Thinking of Teaching Online?
- Etudes Gateway
- My Workspace
- Class Homepage
- The Syllabus
- The Etudes Schedule
- The Test Center
- Discussions and Private Messages
- Chat Room
- The Grade Book
- Site Info
The Chat Room
The Etudes Chat Room gives you and your students a space to have real-time discussions. It can be used for many valuable purposes:
- Collaborative learning, where group members communicate with one another
- Holding virtual "office hours"
- Facilitating small or whole class discussions
- Left open, it offers informal communication among students in your class
The chat room window on your class home page shows any recent activity in the Chat Room.
When you click the "Options" button, you will be shown the current settings for how the "Recent Chat" window will display messages, including the number of days in the past, the number of chat messages, and the number of characters for each message will be visible on your home page.
When you enter the Chat Room, you will see a transcript of all the messages posted in the current conversation. Older messages are archived so you can go back and read them any time you want.
Adding messages to the conversation is easy.
You have several Chat Room options, including the ability to create new chat rooms.Only one chat room may be in use at a time, however.