View online class offerings
Use our online tutorials to learn how to use Etudes
home > faculty resources > training opportunities
Etudes Support for Online and Hybrid Courses
- A 3-week online course is given by the Etudes organization to learn the tools and features of Etudes, our learning management system. This class is regularly scheduled throughout the year and the current cost is $75. For reimbursement information, visit the reimbursement page. For information on the course go to:
Etudes also offers advanced online training as part of their Cyber Teacher’s Institute. The above link will provide additional information.
- If you have training related questions regarding the Etudes learning management system, there is a dedicated Users Group Forum run by the Etudes organization. This help desk is 24/7. Etudes employees respond within 12 hours of your posting.
- Training videos are available from the Etudes organization. To watch these videos, go to:
Portal Support for Web Enhanced Classes
Los Angeles Valley College has a portal that allows you to post your syllabus, assignments and handouts. Think of it as an electronic bulletin board! There are other features as well to make your life as an instructor easier.
- There are scheduled campus workshops on how to use the MyLAVC Portal. The classes will cover the same material so choose the one that is most convenient. View the training schedule here.
- The Virtual Valley Help Desk is also available to assist you with portal training. Student workers are available to answer questions in person during established hours. They are also available by phone and email. Visit the Help Desk web page for more information.
- There is a Portal User’s Guide posted to the following site. This guide has instructions as well as screen shots to help you. You can find it on the MyLAVC Portal Page: