Course Outlines & SLOs
Minutes and Agenda
Academic Standards Subcommittee
Complex academic issues periodically emerge on a state, district and the local level. In order to ensure that these issues are addressed efficiently, the Academic Standards Subcommittee was established to gather the relevant information, review and make recommendations to the VCCC.
The mission of the Academic Standards Subcommittee is to review academic policy issues referred by the VCCC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Examine general issues relevant to the educational policies of the college that are curricular in nature, such as, but not limited to, repeatability, defining advanced classes, and combined classes.
General Principles and Criteria for Review
- Uphold the existing curricular policies of the college, Board Rules, E-Regulations and Title 5.
- Ensure that policies established do not obstruct our ability to articulate courses with other institutions.
- Ensure that policies do not contradict generally accepted practices.
When an issue is received, the subcommittee shall:
- Gather relevant information.
- As necessary, hold hearing with faculty, departments, or other sources, such as other two year institutions and four-year institutions.
- Report findings and make recommendations to the VCCC.
Revised Fall 2003
Should you find a problem with a link relating to curriculum,
please email Sheri Berger at BergerSL@lavc.edu