The History of Upward Bound
- Upward Bound was established at LAVC in September of 2007.
- The program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education; with their funding we are able to offer high school students academic enrichment during the regular school year and a six week summer program.
- This program serves a minimum of 50 participants for all components of the grant.
- UB at LAVC serves two target high schools: Ulysses S. Grant and Van Nuys High Schools
- UBMS serves two target high schools: Ulysses S. Grant and Robert Fulton Prep High Schools
- UB & UBMS participants have access to all LAVC facilities, lab (computer and science), and activities.
- 80% of all the participants in the Upward Bound Program are retained in the program until graduation from high school.
- UB & UBMS at LAVC is required by the U.S. Department of Education to track all it's alumni for six years.