The Career/Transfer Center Provides the Following
- Assists students seeking to continue their studies at either a four-year college or university, and/or obtain an AA degree, or enroll in one of many certificate programs.
- Has a library of information on careers and colleges as well as computer access to the world wide web.
- Provides opportunities to meet with college representatives.
- Conduct workshops on such topics as "How to Transfer", "Deciding on a Major", and "College application workshops".
- Offers career counseling, career assessments, and information and registration materials for the SAT, ACT, TOEFL, CBEST, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT and CSET.
Calendar of Events - March 2015
- CSU Channel Islands Representative visits, Spring 2015
- CSUN Peer Mentor visits, Spring 2015
- CSUN Representative visits, 2015
- CSUN Day!, March 26, 2015
- CSULA Representative visits, Spring 2015
- UC Berkeley Representative visits, Spring 2015
- Experience Berkeley Workshop, March 24, 2015
- UCLA Representative visits, Spring 2015
- UCLA Peer Mentor visits, February 2015
- UCSD Admissions Workshop, March 18, 2015
- UCSD Representative visits, Spring 2015
- Charles Drew University visit, March 10, 2015
- Bus Trips, Spring 2015
- Private Universities (Azusa, Woodbury, DeVry)
- Pepperdine Representative visits, Spring 2015
- Undecided Majors Workshops, March/April 2015
- Job Shadow Program, March 2015
- What's Next Workshops, Spring 2015
- Transfer 101 Workshops, March/April 2015
- Probation II Workshops, March/April 2015
Virtual Career Center
- Application Help Info Chart (PDF)
- Career & Educational Web Sites (PDF)
- College Representatives Directory (PDF)
- Financial Aid Websites
- Transcript Information
- Transfer Web Sites (PDF)
- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
- UC Application personal statement information
- What Can I Do With This Major?
On-line applications are preferred by all the following colleges. The websites include information on fee waivers, scholarships, and financial aid. Students are asked to print out a receipt after transmitting their application to keep as proof of transmittal. Students are encouraged to apply on-line at the following websites:
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Provides: virtual campus tours; applications for admissions; course planning
to meet CSU admissions requirements; admissions and financial aid
information; free email account to communicate with CSU campuses; quick
answers to important questions; and much more.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
Provides: electronic application for admission during filing periods;
financial aid and admissions information; student housing information;
extra-curricular activities; courses offered at each of the UC campuses;
admissions requirements; and much more up-to-date information about UC.
Provides: UC guidance to help applicants complete their personal statement.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Provides: admissions standards; application deadlines and procedures; cost
of attendance and financial aid; scholarship information; transferring to
USC; majors available at USC; student life; academics; and campus.