Transfer Alliance/Honors Program (TAP)
What makes an Honors Student
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Come to class prepared, complete assignments, and miss fewer classes
- Enjoy participating in class and giving presentations
- Appreciate enrichment activities: plays, museums, art exhibits, concerts
- Willing to rise to the challenge
- Autonomous learner who feels responsible for educating oneself
- Collaborate spirit of helping one another learn
- Educational plan includes transfer to a 4-year college/university
High School Seniors
Students entering the program directly from high school are required to have a cumulative, unweighted, 3.25 GPA or better, a Math Placement score sufficient for Math 125 or higher, provide evidence of eligibility or completion of English 101, and a copy of high school transcripts.
Continuing College Students
Students already attending College are required to have completed at least 15 (UC) transferable units with a 3.25 GPA or better, English 101 eligibility, Math 125 eligibility or completion, and a copy of all previous college transcripts. Students with Bachelor's degree or higher are not eligible for TAP.
Eligibility Maintenance and Program Completion
To maintain eligibility in the TAP Program, a student must:
- Be eligible for and complete English 101 or English 101“H” honors.
- Students starting TAP after High School are required to complete 6 “H” honors classes. (Students starting TAP after 15 or more (UC) transferable units or whose major requires 24 or more units of preparation may complete a minimum 5 “H” honors classes.)
- Complete Library Science 101 which is offered in traditional and online formats.
- Maintain at least a 3.25 UC transferable G.P.A. (Some schools/majors require a higher GPA to be competitive as transfers).
- Participate in TAP/Honors for at least one academic year or a Fall and Spring semester prior to transfer. Complete at least 2 honors classes by the end of the Fall semester prior to transferring.
- Complete TAP Certification when applying for transfer to participating colleges/universities.
- TAP Students in high unit majors must now complete a minimum of 4 honors courses totaling 15 or more honors units prior to transfer. All other TAP students will complete 5 or 6 honors courses totaling 15 or more honors units.
- Keep all contact information, including email address, current at all times.
- Make regular appointments with a TAP counselor.
How To Apply
To apply to the Transfer Alliance /Honors Program (TAP) please:
See a TAP Team Counselor on a drop-in appointment in the Counseling Department, Student Services Annex, to discuss your qualifications and to obtain an application or download the application below.
TAP Team Counselors:
Dr. Michael Gold (818) 947-2630, email@example.com
Ann Gee (818) 947-2631, firstname.lastname@example.org