Study Away in Alicante, Spain - Summer 2012
PROGRAM COST AND INFORMATION
|DATES:||June 28-July 28 2012|
|COST:||$3,467 (Does not include airfare. Minimum 15 students)|
|OPTIONAL GROUP FLIGHT:||$1,439 (a $150 deposit required-Rate available until February 15, 2012. Minimum 10 students)|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Applications are accepted until April 15, 2012|
- On-site orientation
- 5-unit Spanish language course (Equivalent to LAVC SPAN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6)
- Two-day visit to Madrid
- Day trip to Valencia
- Day trip to Elche-Orihuela/Biar “Ruta de los Castillos”
- Tertulias, conferences, fiestas with local students, etc.
- Daily activities & local study visits
- Student housing includes double occupancy in a homestay or shared private apartment
- Farewell tapas dinner at the end of the program
- Health insurance
- Access to University of Alicante facilities
- Optional group flight
- Optional weekend excursions to Barcelona and Granada (extra cost)
PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE
- LAVC tuition and fees
LAVC students have two housing options:
LAVC students have the opportunity to live in a Spanish home during their program. They will be able to immerse themselves in the language, practice their Spanish, and gain an understanding of the culture, daily life, and customs in Alicante.
Included in this option:
- Full room and board (three meals a day)
- The cleaning of your room
- Special dietary or housing accommodations may be made, but may require an additional fee.
2. SHARED APARTMENT
LAVC students may choose to share an apartment.
No food, laundry, or cleaning included in this option.