Math Accelerated Pathways to
S T E M
Science Technology Engineering Mathematics
Make an appointment to learn how to use any of the following hardware/software!
* Faculty Only*
Save notes & pencasts directly to your computer
- Record everything you hear, say and write, while linking your audio recordings to your notes.
- Replay audio directly from paper by tapping on your notes
- Echo Desktop software allows you to save, organize and play back interactive notes from your Mac or Windows computer.
- Share notes and pencasts as images.
- Mac or Windows computer that meets system requirements
For more info visit: http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/
i>Clicker is a student response system, which can be used to involve students in class activities, assess student learning, or register votes in a departmental meeting. Using hand-held remote devices, students can instantly answer questions, provide feedback, or cast their vote.
How it Works:
The i>clicker system is made up of 3 components: a receiver, multiple student remotes, and software. The i>clicker receiver is easy to use—just plug and play.
- The instructor presents a question and enables polling.
- Each student responds by clicking the appropriate button on theiri>clicker remote.
- A radio signal is sent from each responding i>clicker remote to the receiver.
- The receiver stores the data of each individual student in the i>grader application.
- The instructor can choose whether or not to display results in a graph to the audience.
- The results are available for later analysis, grading, exporting into Excel.
The receiver is powered by plugging it into a USB port on a computer. The i>clicker technology works with any electronic application or media, including word processors, spreadsheet applications, presentation applications, PDF documents, and a web site that you can access from the computer attached to the base station. i>Clickers can be used in either an anonymous or registered mode, despending on if you would like responses to be anonymous or tracked. The student remotes operate on a two-way radio frequency system that will not interfere with Wi-Fi technologies and are powered by three AA batteries. There is a range of 250-300 feet. There are alternate sub-frequencies to prevent interference with nearby classrooms.
For more info, visit: https://www1.iclicker.com/
MathType is a powerful interactive equation editor for Windows and Macintosh that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, elearning, and for TeX, LaTeX, and MathML documents.
For more info, visit: http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/
Sketchpad is the optimal tool for interactive whiteboards. Teachers can use it daily to illustrate and illuminate mathematical ideas. Classroom-tested activities are accompanied by presentation sketches and detailed teacher notes, which provide suggestions for use by teachers as a demonstration tool or for use by students in a computer lab or on laptops.
For more info, visit: http://www.dynamicgeometry.com/