Transfer Student Applicants
Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC) is authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to issue I-20s (Certificates of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status).
Step 1 – Application Process
International Students will be considered for admission to LAVC if all of the following requirements are met:
- Admission Application – Must be fully completed and signed before we can process your LAVC Admission application.
- Student Information – Student Information Sheet must be fully completed and signed. Make sure your chosen major in offered by LAVC. See Major and Code List.
- Financial Support- Complete a Confidential Financial Statement. The total amount must reflect the required annual fees.
- English Language Requirement – Student must have full English language proficiency. The following methods may be used to show proficiency:
• TOEFL score 45 IBT, 133 CBT or 450 PBT
• IELTS score 4
• Native English speaker or two years of education (high school or college) with English as the main language of instruction
- Academic Records - Provide official transcripts from high (secondary) school completion and diploma. All records which are not in English must be translated in English.
- Passport and Visa Information - Provide copies of your passport, visa and I-94
- Three Passport size photographs
- Application Processing Fee – A non-refundable application fee of $ 35 must be included with your application. Fee is accepted by money order or cashier’s check payable to Los Angeles Valley College and in U.S. dollars. No personal checks or credit cards accepted.
- Mail all the required information to:
Valley Glen, CA 91401-4096
To prevent delays in processing your application, download the Application Checklist to ensure your application is complete
Step 2 – Assessment and Orientation
International students are required to assess prior to attending orientation. Assessment will help you determine your math and English levels and help you enroll in appropriate level courses. Orientation will ease your transition to LAVC and familiarize you with our policies and procedures. During orientation you will review you assessment scores, plan your classes for the upcoming semester and make sure you know what is required of you to maintain your F-1 student status at Los Angeles Valley College.
After your orientation you are required to meet with a counselor once a semester to ensure you are enrolled in the appropriate courses, that you are “in-status” and making satisfactory academic progress.
Step 3 – Enrolling in Classes
You may register online at your pre-appointed registration time.
You can enroll online at: http://www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.
If you do not know when you are supposed to register, you can find your appointment online at www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.
Step 4 – Paying Your Fees
Tuition and fees are due at the time of registration. A fee receipt is required to buy books at the campus bookstore. You may pay your fees in-person in the Business Office, or you may pay online at http://www.laccd.edu/student_information/sis_logon.htm.