To qualify for admission, Los Angeles Valley College requires applicants to demonstrate:
- English Proficiency
- Academic Ability
- Financial Solvency
Admissions requirements are the same; however, procedures vary based on the type of applicant. Let's figure out what type of applicant you are.
1. Out-Of-Country Applicants
Are you applying to LAVC from your country and planning to apply for your visa at home?
If you answered yes, you are an out-of-country applicant.
2. Transfer Student Applicants
Are you currently attending another educational institution in the United States on an F-1 (student) visa?
If you answered yes, you are a transfer student.
3. Change-Of-Status Applicants
Are you currently in the United States and want to change your visa type to become an F-1 student?
If you answered yes, you are a change-of-status applicant.
4. Concurrently Enrolled Applicants
F-1 Visa students who wish to concurrently enroll in a class at Los Angeles Valley College while attending another school, must submit the following documents to the International Students Admissions Office located in the Student Services Building:
- Application for Admission
- Copy of current I-20
- Copy of Passport, F-1 Visa and I-94 (bring originals as well)
- An original letter from your current DSO verifying your status as well which classes you wish to take. You will need to submit a new letter and Application for Admission for every semester you concurrently enroll at Los Angeles Valley College.