- CARE Program Information and Eligibility
- Tutoring Center and Computer Lab
- EOPS Mutual Responsibility Agreement
- Calendar Of Activities
- Progress Reports
- Historical Information
- EOPS/CARE Staff
Student Services Center
From June 9-August 15
Mon 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tues 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thur 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
EOPS Mutual Responsibility Agreement
The mission of EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) at Los Angeles Valley College is to assist eligible students who have historically experienced economic and educational challenges. The program provides “above and beyond” service through counseling, tutoring, financial assistance, workshops and other services in order to increase access, retention and goal completion. EOPS agrees to provide some or all of the following services:
EOPS Student Responsibilities
As an EOPS student, I agree to do the following in order to maintain my eligibility:
- Enroll and successfully complete 12 or more approved units per semester.
- Meet with an EOPS counselor a minimum of two (2) times every semester by the deadlines. Go to Calendar/Deadlines.
- Return a completed progress report every semester by the deadline in person. Go to Calendar/Deadlines.
- Enroll in classes during the EOPS priority registration period. Go to Student Information System.
- Enroll and complete all classes on my EOPS student educational plan (SEP). If I want to make any changes to my class schedule or educational plan, I will obtain approval from my EOPS counselor.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA every semester.
- If I am on academic or progress probation, I agree to follow the Academic Success Process, including the agreement.
- Utilize tutoring services if I have difficulty in my classes.
- Attend all workshops required by my counselor.
- Notify the EOPS/CARE Office if I change my phone number.
- If I cannot attend a counseling appointment, I will contact the EOPS Office at least 48 hours in advance.
- Check the EOPS/CARE web site weekly and my LACCD e-mail account (@student.laccd.edu) several times a week. This is the only mode of EOPS/CARE communication and it is my responsibility to read all EOPS/CARE correspondence and information
Depending on available funding, I understand that I will receive a textbook voucher if I complete items 1-5 above. I will be eligible for all other services. Continuing students will be notified via e-mail regarding the textbook voucher availability. New students must pick up their textbook voucher on or after the second day of classes.
I understand that I will be dismissed from the EOPS program under any of the following circumstances:
- After earning seventy (70) semester units (degree applicable) or have been in EOPS for six (6) consecutive semesters.
- I do not follow my Mutual Responsibility Agreement.
- I do not meet with an EOPS counselor by the designated deadlines, after one (1) warning.
- I do not follow my Student Educational Plan (SEP), after one (1) warning.
- I am on academic/progress probation and I do not follow the Academic Success Process, including the agreement.
- If I am more than ten (10) minutes late or do not attend a counseling appointment it will be counted as a “no show.” After two (2) “no shows” I will receive a warning. If it occurs a third time, I will be dismissed from the program.
- I provide false information to the program.
Revised November 2012