Career Technical Education Committee
The purpose of the CTE Committee
The Career Education Committee fosters innovation and provides support for the development of programs with high skill/high growth opportunities in Career and Technical education areas.
CTE Committee Goals
- Encourage development of new courses, new certificates, new degrees and articulation agreements in CTE areas.
- Share best practices related to program development in career and technical education areas through state, district, departmental, and advisory board updates.
- Ensure that programs are in alignment with industry standards and statewide pathways providing opportunities for students to develop desirable employee skills.
- Foster collaboration for 2+2+2 partnerships with high schools and four-year universities.
- Ensure that allocation of Perkins IV funds meet appropriate uses and maximizes utilization of resources for departmental projects.