The Computer Commons is an open computer lab available to currently enrolled Valley College students for word processing, instructional software use, and Internet research. The lab has 95 Windows computers and 5 iMac stations. The Commons is located in the Library and Academic Resource Center (LARC), Room 234, on the second floor above the library.
Currently, students can print in black and white for 10 cents a page. For help with printing, see these instructions.
All students using the Computer Commons must be currently enrolled and have a Universal Internet Access (UIA) login and password. For help in logging in, see the UIA Login FAQ.
Dedicated Computer Commons staff is available during open hours to assist students in computer use, printing, and using academic software. For help with Virtual Valley online classes, contact the Virtual Valley help desk.
Other Labs and Resources
Currently, the Computer Commons offers students basic assistance in using lab computers and academic software. For in-depth tutoring and other services and resources, visit:
- CCaTT (Center for Career and Technical Training) Lab, Business and Journalism, Room 103 – Academic computer lab, with printing, scanning, and copying available.
- Writing Center, Library and Academic Resource Center, Room 229 – Writing tutoring, workshops, and computer lab.
- General Tutoring, Library and Academic Resource Center, Room 213 – Formerly the Learning Center, offers tutoring in most academic subjects.
- Math Lab, Library and Academic Resource Center, Room 226 – Math tutoring.
- Library – In addition to books and learning materials, the library has computer stations, printing, scanning, and copying available.