Campus Health Information
Swine Flu Information
Los Angeles Valley College remains open and is not taking any extraordinary actions in response to the flu. As this situation is evolving, please visit www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm for the most up-to-date information.
We are also encouraging students, faculty and staff to take the following precautions to stay healthy:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. This will minimize the spread of germs.
- Avoid close contact with sick people. The swine flu is spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick stay home, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This same rule should apply to your children as well.
Helpful LinksU.S. Center for Disease Control