- About Us
- NEW! GED
(General Educational Development)
- New Students
- Current Students
- Meet the Staff
- Additional Resources, Links, and Forms
Mon 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tues 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thur 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
* Hours subject to change without notice.
All new students are invited to attend a "CalWORKs New Student Orientation" as soon as you have been referred by your GAIN Service Worker.
New Student Orientation are usually held every Thursday, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.*
Complete the following before attending the orientation:
- LAVC college application online at www.lavc.edu
- Take the college Math and English Placement test. (Student Services Center, Room 242, 2nd Floor)
- Complete a BOG fee waiver form and submit it to the Financial Aid office. (Student Services Center, 1st. floor)
- Complete "CalWORKs Intake Forms" and bring it to orientation. (These forms are available in the CalWORKs office)
Bring the following items to the orientation:
- CalWORKs Intake Forms
- Valid form of identification
- Social Security card
- "Verification of Benefits letter" indicating your cash aid amount and number of people on your case dated within two weeks of your orientation date. (Request this document from your DPSS Eligibility Worker)
- Form GN6005, GN6006, or GN6005A from your GAIN Service Worker
- Form GN6014, Vocational Assessment results, if applicable
- Copy of Form W-t-W2 Welfare to work plan
During orientation, we will discuss many important topics such as: What your GSW will expect from you, what you could expect from your GSW, office procedures for your documents, free money for college, financial aid, work-study, college resources, and much more!!!
You have taken the first steps in accomplishing your educational and vocational goals.
Our office is here to assist you in reaching those goals.
Should you have any questions, please contact us!!
* Subject to change without notice.