- About Us
- NEW! GED
(General Educational Development)
- New Students
- Current Students
- Meet the Staff
- Additional Resources, Links, and Forms
Mon 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tues 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thur 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
* Hours subject to change without notice.
ATTENTION CURRENT STUDENTS:
Work-Study Applications are available for current students who meet these criteria:
- Currently receiving cash aid for themselves and everyone on their case
- Have completed one semester at LAVC with a GPA of at least 2.5 or higher
- Satisfactorily completed English 21/ESL321 or assess into English 28/ESL 362 or higher
- Attend a mandatory workshop and pass interview process
- Complete the 2014- 2015 CalWORKs Work-Study Application
- Obtain a "Verification of Benefits" indicating cash aid eligibility from your Eligibility Worker
- Have your updated résumé
- Scan all of your documents into one PDF file if possible
- Open your email and ATTACH all documents in the email
- Type YOUR FIRST and LAST NAME in the SUBJECT of the email
- In the body of your email, type your name, student ID #, and best contact number
- Address the EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESPONSES PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL OUR OFFICE ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOU MEET ALL OF THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.
APPLICATION PERIOD WILL BE FROM JULY 1, 2014 TO JULY 31, 2014.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF DOCUMENTS AND LIMITED STAFF,
WE CANNOT PROCESS ANY FORMS SOONER THAN 5 TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS. BOOK REQUESTS TAKE LONGER TO PROCESS.
SUBMIT YOUR FORMS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM FROM YOUR GAIN SERVICE WORKER OR CCRC.
Check List for Current/Continuing Students:
- Provide the CalWORKs office with a "Verfication of Benefits" or a "Notice of Action" letter indicating your eligibility for cash aid benefits dated at least two weeks before the start of the next semester or two weeks after the semester begins.
- Process your "Textbook Request Worksheet" early in the semester. Attach all necessary documents such as "verification of benefits", course sylabus, educational plan, etc... Turn this worksheet to our office and allow 7-14 business days for processing. Visit www.lavcbookstore.com to find out the prices of the textbooks you will need.
- As a reminder, all forms that you need for us to complete ie. Monthly Activity Report, Progress Report, and Tranining Verification forms must have your signature and LAVC student ID number. Please allow at least 5 to 7 business days for processing.
- All students must meet with the CalWORKs Counselor, Kristine Aslanyan at least once every semester in order to complete an educational plan and discuss approved activity hours.
- Don't forget to process your BOG Fee Waiver in the Financial Aid Office. Once approved, your fees will be waived! www.lavc.edu/financialaid/
- FAFSA Applications are due by March 2nd. See the Financial Aid office for more details!!! www.lavc.edu/financialaid/