Office Information

(818) 947-2976
(818) 947-2975
Bungalow 14
Hours *
Mon 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tues 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thur 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri 8:30 am - 12:00 pm

* Hours subject to change without notice.

Services > For Students > CalWORKs
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids

REMINDER!! Due to the high volume of documents and limited staff,

all forms take at least 5 to 10 business days to process.


Book requests may take longer to process, especially during the rush period.  


Submit your forms as soon as you get them from your GAIN Service Worker or CCRC.  




Checklist for students:                                                    


  • Student Educational Plan - In order for CalWORKs students to be eligible for PRIORITY REGISTRATION, all CalWORKs students must have a Student Educational Plan on file. Schedule an appointment with a Counselor to develop your educational plan!


  • Verification of Eligibility - Provide the CalWORKs office with a "Verfication of Benefits" or a "Notice of Action" letter indicating your eligibility for cash aid benefits dated at least two weeks before the start of the next semester or two weeks after the semester begins. 


  • Process your "Textbook Request Worksheet" early in the semester.  This worksheet is available in our office or by Clicking HERE.  Attach all necessary documents such as "verification of benefits", course sylabus, educational plan, etc...  Turn this worksheet to our office and allow 7-14 business days for processing.  Visit www.lavcbookstore.com to find required textbooks for your courses.  


  • Sign and indicate your student ID # on all forms. Monthly Activity Report (GN6365), Progress Report (GN6070), and Tranining Verification (GN6006, 6005A, STA-20).  Please allow at least 5 to 10 business days for processing. 


  • Attend CalWORKs Workshops. We are offering informative workshops for CalWORKs students. Students must attend at least two workshops within the semester to maintain eligibility for CalWORKs supportive services. Download a list of current workshops


 Money Clipart



Don't get stuck with tuition fees, ALL STUDENTS MUST PROCESS BOG FEE WAIVER OR FAFSA.

GO TO THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE (Student Services, 1st Floor) or visit their website at www.lavc.edu/financialaid/ for more information.

  • BOG (Board of Governors) Fee Waiver - an application to have your enrollment fees waived.                  Click HERE to obtain the 2014-2015 BOG Application.  
  •  FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Get your applications in annually by March 2nd.  See the Financial Aid office for more details!!! www.lavc.edu/financialaid/ Apply for FAFSA by Clicking HERE.

Like Us of FB



CalWORKs Staff

Ellie Rabani, Director

Alicen Vera, SFP Technician

Kristine Aslanyan, Counselor

Liliana Fanelli, Counselor 

Paz Neri, Case Manager

Anna Gevorgian, CGCA

Additional Staff