- About Us
- NEW! GED
(General Educational Development)
- New Students
- Current Students
- Meet the Staff
- Additional Resources, Links, and Forms
Mon 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tues 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wed 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thur 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
* Hours subject to change without notice.
ATTENTION CURRENT STUDENTS:
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF DOCUMENTS AND LIMITED STAFF,
WE CANNOT PROCESS ANY FORMS SOONER THAN 5 TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS. BOOK REQUESTS TAKE LONGER TO PROCESS.
SUBMIT YOUR FORMS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM FROM YOUR GAIN SERVICE WORKER OR CCRC.
Check List for Current/Continuing Students:
- Provide the CalWORKs office with a "Verfication of Benefits" or a "Notice of Action" letter indicating your eligibility for cash aid benefits dated at least two weeks before the start of the next semester or two weeks after the semester begins.
- Process your "Textbook Request Worksheet" early in the semester. Attach all necessary documents such as "verification of benefits", course sylabus, educational plan, etc... Turn this worksheet to our office and allow 7-14 business days for processing. Visit www.lavcbookstore.com to find out the prices of the textbooks you will need.
- As a reminder, all forms that you need for us to complete ie. Monthly Activity Report, Progress Report, and Tranining Verification forms must have your signature and LAVC student ID number. Please allow at least 5 to 7 business days for processing.
- All students must meet with the CalWORKs Counselor, Kristine Aslanyan at least once every semester in order to complete an educational plan and discuss approved activity hours.
- Don't forget to process your BOG Fee Waiver in the Financial Aid Office. Once approved, your fees will be waived! www.lavc.edu/financialaid/
- FAFSA Applications are due by March 2nd. See the Financial Aid office for more details!!! www.lavc.edu/financialaid/