College Budget Office
LAVC College Budget Office
Welcome to the Budget Office!
The primary purpose of the Valley College Budget Office is to provide assistance and support to College Divisions and leadership in the development of operating budgets that link resources with the College's strategic objectives consistent with the financial and planning policies of the College. The Budget Office is a service provider that is dedicated to partnering with academic and administrative units by providing the approaches, tools, and knowledge required for sound fiscal management.
The Budget Office at Valley College facilitates:
- Developing annual operating budgets
- Monitoring changes to these budgets with emphasis on maintaining good fiscal management with reasonable controls
- Enforcing policy decisions regarding use of funds
- Providing reports and data to assist management in making sound fiscal decisions
- Provide resource review and related analyses to various areas.
- Coordinates campus budget activities and serves as the primary office for institutional budgetary communications.
Items Processed by the Budget Office Include:
- Budget transfers: all permanent, temporary on restricted lines, income, non-positioned salaries (unclassified and student workers), direct cost, positioned salary not within normal activity.
- Area VP memo funding requests
- Salary Adjustments
- Budget Adjustments