The Los Angeles Valley College vision and mission are embodied in the learning goals of our College-wide Student Learning Outcomes which include:
- Communication Skills
- Information Competency
- Historical Perspectives, Diversity, and Cultural Awareness
- Reasoning Skills
- Aesthetic Responsiveness
- Civic Responsibility
- Health and Wellness
- Student Success
- Supportive Environment
- Personal and Institutional Accountability
- Student Centered Learning
- Accessible Quality Programs
- Individuals and Diversity
- Academic Excellence Achievement of Individual And Institutional
- Commitment to Teaching, Scholarship, and Active Learning
- Commitment to Excellence
- Respect for All People
- Alliances with the Community
- Encouragement of Innovation, Experimentation, and Creativity
1. Educational Programming:
Innovative, quality instruction, evaluate and ensure ongoing alignment
2. Student Access and Success
Environment that fosters educational and personal achievement.
3. Physical Environment
Safe, healthy, aesthetically pleasing physical environment.
Build and maintain infrastructure, build and maintain tech infrastructure,
Ensure and upgrade state-of-the art facilities and equipment.
4. Fiscal Management
Use funding to meet college goals.
Develop grant opportunities.
Collaborate with business, industry, education, and community
6. College Image
Tell the LAVC story
7. Governance Structure
8. Professional Development
Faculty, Staff and Administrators
Develop and implement college-wide strategic technology plan.
Data to develop, implement, and evaluate college actions.
Plan for today and tomorrow.
College-wide Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
Wednesday, August 2, 2006 11:45 PM