Web Browsers: Internet Explorer (IE), Mozilla Firefox
A browser is a program to see Web pages.
Setting the default browser
- To make IE your default browser, in IE, go to Tools --> Internet Options, select the Programs tab and check "Internet Explorer should check to see if whether it is the default browser". Then, close IE, re-open IE and accept making IE your default browser.
- To make Firefox your default browser, in Firefox, go to Tools --> Options, click the General button and check "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when starting". Then, close Firefox, re-open Firefox and accept making Firefox your default browser.
Setting the browser's proxy
Proxy is the service used to bring data to the browser. If the proxy is not setup, no Web page will be displayed.
- To setup the proxy in IE, in IE, go to Tools --> Internet Options, select the Connections tab and click on the LAN Settings. Only "Use a proxy server for your LAN" should be checked. In Address, type "lavc-proxy". In Port, type "8080".
- To setup the proxy in Firefox, in Firefox, go to Tools --> Options, click Connection Settings, select Manual Proxy and check Use the Same Proxy for all Protocols. In HTTP Proxy, type "lavc-proxy". In Port, type "8080".
Some Web pages might be widther than the printable area of a page.
- In IE, to print the full width of a page, go to File --> Page Setup, reduce the margins of the printable page and then Print. This change will not be permanent and will be only for the current page.
- In Firefox, to print the full width of a page, go to File --> Page Setup and click "Shrink to Fit Page Width" or go to File --> Print Preview and change the scale to "Shrink to Fit"; then, Print. His change will be permanent until changed.
- To import the bookmarked pages from Firefox to IE, in IE, go to File --> Import and Export and click Next.
- To import the favority pages from IE to Firefox, in Firefox, go to Bookmarks --> Manage Bookmarks; then go to File --> Import.
Adding Buttons to Toolbar
- In IE, right click on any empty place of the Toolbar and select Customize. Use the "Add" buttons.
- In Firefox, right click on any empty place of the Toolbar and select Customize. Drag and drop the desire buttons into the toolbar.
- More information and help can be found under Help in IE and Firefox.